Travel and Accommodation
Health and Travel Guidelines
The organizers of the 2022 Synthetic Biology: Engineering Evolution & Design (SEED) conference recommend following local and international recommendations regarding COVID-19. Current guidelines for Virginia can be found here. Furthermore, the specific guidelines from the Crystal Gateway Marriot will apply for all attendees. The current guidelines as of January 19, 2022, are listed on Marriott's website. We will update the guidelines here if any notable changes take place.
I am traveling to the United States from another country. Where can I learn about COVID-19 travel policies and procedures?
Information about testing procedures for travelers entering the United States can be found on the CDC website and the U.S Department of State website.
What vaccines are accepted?
All vaccines approved by the Center of Disease Control (CDC) are accepted. More info can be found on this CDC site.
Do I need to self-isolate?
According to the current CDC guidelines and U.S. Department of State protocols, self-isolation is not needed for those outside of the United States if one is fully vaccinated or provides a negative test result no more than 1 day before departure. More information about testing procedures for travelers entering the United States can be found on the CDC website and the U.S Department of State website.
Is there a mask requirement?
Masks are required to be worn for everyone attending the Commercializing Industrial Biotechnology conference.
Is AIChE asking for proof of vaccine or proof of negative COVID test?
A COVID Test is recommended and may be required. Final guidelines will be shared closer to the event. The following proof will be accepted:
- Physical evidence of your vaccination status (e.g. CDC card or international equivalent)
- All COVID vaccines that are administered domestically and internationally are accepted.
- Photo evidence of your vaccination (e.g. photo of CDC card or international equivalent)
- Negative COVID-19 test taken no earlier than 72 hours prior to arriving at the venue. This can be any of the following:
- Viral: nucleic acid amplification tests (NAATs) and antigen tests
- Antibody: antibody or serology tests
Will a virtual access/portion be available?
No. This event is scheduled to be fully in-person. We cannot wait to meet with you all in Arlington, Virginia.